In accordance with Act No. 171/2023 Coll., on the Protection of Whistleblowers (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), Dřevozpracující družstvo (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) establishes and further specifies the rules of its Internal Whistleblowing System.
The purpose of these rules is to provide channels for the reporting of any wrongdoing, to ensure that the identity of whistleblowers is protected, and to protect whistleblowers from retaliation.
Wrongdoing within the meaning of the Company’s Internal Whistleblowing System means an unlawful act that has occurred or is about to occur in the Company and that:
- has the elements of a crime;
- has the elements of an offence for which the law stipulates a fine of more than CZK 100,000;
- violates other legal provisions listed in Section 2(1)(d) of the Act.
Any reports will be received and assessed by designated persons and dealt with mainly in accordance with Sections 11 and 12 of the Act.
A submitted report must contain the name, surname, date of birth, or other information from which the identity of the whistleblower can be deduced. This information does not need to be disclosed if the report is submitted by a person whose identity is known to the designated person.
The following persons have been designated by the Company:
- Martin Malina, tel.: + 420 603 168 356
- David Roll, tel.: + 420 603 431 550
The Company has established the Internal Whistleblowing System for all reports made under the Act and the following reporting channels for this purpose:
- electronically to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org;
- in writing to the employer’s address Dřevozpracující družstvo, Lukavec 9, 394 26 Lukavec; must be visibly marked “DO NOT OPEN, to the attention of the designated person“;
- in writing to the marked trust box located in the entrance hall of the Company canteen DDL;
- by telephone to the number of the designated person (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 13:00);
- in person if the whistleblower so requests.
If reports are made through channels other than those mentioned above, the Company cannot guarantee the protection of the identity of the whistleblower and of the information contained in the report in accordance with the Act.
In addition to submitting reports through the Internal Whistleblowing System, the whistleblower may use the external reporting system of the Ministry of Justice. In the event of suspected criminal activity, a report must be made to the law enforcement authorities, i.e., the Police of the Czech Republic.
The processing of personal data in connection with whistleblowing, including its storage, is carried out in accordance with generally binding data protection legislation. By submitting a report, the whistleblower agrees to the processing of their personal data.
If it is proven that a knowingly false report has been made, the matter will be referred to the Ministry of Justice and the whistleblower will be fined up to CZK 50,000.